Visit Franklin, Beedle & Associates'
Web site for excerpts
of the text in PDF.
NEW! Updated Exercises
The FYI's and other Internet Resources from
the text updated regularly. See what's
new! Check out the most popular links.
Chapter Capsules - Summary, Terms,
& FYI's from each chapter.
for using the email discussion group Net-Essentials-L
- Introduction to the Internet and the World Wide Web
- How the Internet Works and Getting Connected
- Communication on the Internet
- Electronic Mail
- Email Discussion Groups
- Usenet News
- Getting Around on the World Wide WebUsing a Web Browser
- Finding Information on the World Wide Web
- Successful Search Strategies
- Specialized Databases
- Selecting, Evaluating, and Citing Information from the Internet
- Managing and Using Information from the Internet and the
World Wide Web
- Transferring Files Using FTP
- Putting Information on the Web
- Writing Web Pages
- Enhancing Web Pages
Like Ackermanns best-selling Learning to Use the World Wide
Web and Internet Today!, co-authored by Karen Hartman, this
latest effort covers the basic topics you need to know to master the
ever-changing Internet. Furthermore, this book expands on vital topics
such as searching and researching strategies and Web-page design issues
that all students want to learn. With exercise examples shown for both
Netscape Navigator and Internet Explorer browsers, this text can be
used in any lab environment.