|Fredericksburg Songwriters' Showcase||Jud Caswell|
Jud Caswell is a very particular kind of Maine singer-songwriter. He comes from that place where the two Maines meet: where ex-hippies play cribbage with fishermen and a kind of rural poetry is infused with no-nonsense Yankee pragmatism.
He grew up on a little farm in Morrill, Maine, picking carrots and milking goats; listening to records by Cat Stevens and the Beatles and readings from Kahlil Gibran.
This perspective keeps him grounded even as his songs reach deeper. Praised as "emotionally resonant, deeply affecting and superbly crafted," his songs approach social commentary and simple pleasures with the same integrity and genuineness that he brings to the stage, captivating audiences and making friends as well as fans.
- Winner, 2006 Kerrville New Folk Contest
- Winner, 2006 Boston Folk Festival Songwriting Contest
- Selected, 2006 Falcon Ridge Folk Festival Emerging Artist
- Winner, 2006 Wildflower Performing Songwriter Contest
- Winner, 2006 Suwannee Springfest Songwriting Contest
- Winner, 2004 Great American Song Contest (9 Awards including 1st Place)
- Winner, 2004 Rose Garden Coffeehouse Performing Songwriter Competition
put together (with info & pics from Bob
Gramann ) by Ernest Ackermann.
Send rants/rave to above mentioned Ackermann
Last Time I changed anything on this page:
You can help support this site by buying books, CDs, and other items after clicking on any of these links.
|Send a comment||Report a problem|