FYI History of the Internet and the World Wide Web
FYI Guides To Netiquette
- Netiquette Home Page
- "'Netiquette' is network etiquette, the do's and don'ts of
online communication. Netiquette covers both common
courtesy online and the informal 'rules of the road' of
cyberspace. This page provides links to both summary and
detail information about Netiquette for your browsing
- RFC 1855: Netiquette Guidelines
- "This document provides a minimum set of guidelines for Network Etiquette (Netiquette) which organizations may
take and adapt for their own use. As such, it is deliberately written in a bulleted format to make adaptation easier
and to make any particular item easy (or easier) to find. It also functions as a minimum set of guidelines for
individuals, both users and administrators. This memo is the product of the Responsible Use of the Network (RUN)
Working Group of the IETF. "
FYI Selecting an ISP and Getting Connected
- CNET reviews 5 major ISPs
- "We test-drove five of the largest national ISPs operating in the United States--America Online, AT&T WorldNet, CompuServe, EarthLink, and MSN Internet Access--to find out which provided the best balance of dial-up connections, customer service, useful features, and an all-around pleasant experience. "
March 6, 2001
- Webmonkey Guide to Finding an ISP
- "These days, it doesn't really matter
what you're doing; even standing at
the bus stop, minding your own
business, you'll be bombarded by ads
for ISPs (Internet service providers).
They're on buses, on billboards, on
T-shirts, on TV, in the paper. America
Online even has bumper stickers ("I'd
rather be online"). It's enough to
drive anyone crazy. So how do you
find the right ISP for you?"
This material has been prepared to accompany the
book "Learning to Use the Internet and the World Wide Web"
(ISBN 1-887902-78-3) by Ernest Ackermann
and Karen Hartman, and
published by Franklin, Beedle and Associates,
Incorporated, Wilsonville, OR. © 2002. No part of this may be reproduced,
stored in a retrieval system, or transcribed without permission of the